• Potential first GT4 podium goes begging for rookie Chapman
• Fantastic drive in Rd3 unrewarded after late-race retirement
• Steering issue spoils strong effort from Chapman & Sam Webster
• Weekend begins on high with season-best top five qualifying
Oxford teenager Matt Chapman produced an eye-catching performance during the third round of the British GT4 Championship season at Rockingham on Sunday, 30th April, where a realistic bid for a potential maiden podium was thwarted by an unfortunate steering problem
• Another new challenge for Matt Chapman as first 2hr race awaits
• British GT Championship heading to Rockingham for Rd3
• Ginetta driver aiming to build on strong start to endurance career
British GT Championship racer Matt Chapman travels to Rockingham in Northamptonshire later this week for the second event of his debut season in endurance racing and yet another career first, his maiden two-hour race.
Autoaid/RCIB Insurance driver Chapman, who partners Sam Webster in the GT4 division of British GT, made a consistently strong start to the season on his category debut at Oulton Park over the Easter weekend and he intends to make further strides during round three on Sunday, 30th April.
• Best result of P9 for Matt Chapman and Sam Webster at Oulton
• Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing duo set good pace in Rds1&2
• Oxfordshire’s Chapman happy with opening event development
Ginetta G55 GT4 driver Matt Chapman achieved his aim of scoring championship points on his British GT debut at Oulton Park in Cheshire on Easter Monday, 17th April, after taking a best finish of ninth place during a rain-affected first contest.
• Oxford racer Matt Chapman ready for British GT debut at Oulton Park
• Easter weekend races mark start of maiden endurance racing season
• Chapman and team-mate Sam Webster setting sights high in GT4 battle
• Rapid teen Matt Chapman graduates from Ginetta GT5 to British GT4
• Oxford racer joins Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing for endurance debut
• Multiple Ginetta race winner to team-up with Sam Webster for GT4 bid
• Chapman satisfied with first official British GT engagement at ‘Media Day’
Oxford racing driver Matt Chapman says he is ‘absolutely thrilled’ to be making the step-up into the prestigious British GT Championship for the 2017 motorsport season, after this week completing a late deal to join reigning GT4 category team champions Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing.
• Total Control Racing driver wraps-up Vice-Champion title by four points
• First year GT5 racer stars in final contest to overcome 10 second penalty
• Third place earlier in the weekend takes podium tally into double figures READ MORE→
Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit will host the final three races of the Ginetta GT5 Challenge season next weekend, 10th/11th September, where multiple race winner Matt Chapman will be aiming to wrap-up the coveted Vice-Champion’s title in only his first year in the championship.READ MORE→
• Oxford driver secures second win of 2016 during first ever race at Spa
• Pole position performance for track debutant sets-up Rd14 success
• Chapman adds P2 in Rds15 & 16 to move back into second in standings
Oxford racing driver Matt Chapman, one of the standout performers thus far during his maiden season in the Ginetta GT5 Challenge, says he cannot wait for the penultimate event of the campaign to get underway later this week at legendary Formula One venue Spa-Francorchamps.
Ginetta GT5 Challenge race winner Matt Chapman claimed the sixth podium finish of his maiden season in the championship at Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit over the weekend, 11th/12th June, during an event of rollercoaster fortunes for the Oxford teenager.READ MORE→